As part of our commitment to your digital security and privacy, UL is transitioning to a new email policy. Please confirm if you wish to continue receiving emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL products and services. Thank you!
New UL App Puts HazLoc Technical Expertise At Your Fingertips
New mobile App provides installation principles regarding explosive atmospheres for the Hazardous Locations industry.
To facilitate a common understanding of global hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres) for industry stakeholders, UL’s new mobile App benefits designers, manufacturers, distributors, inspection & regulatory authorities (AHJs), and end-users across oil & gas, chemical, agricultural, pharmaceuticals, offshore, and mining industries. This one comprehensive source for installation principles includes the following attributes:
- Types of explosive atmospheres
- Likelihood an explosive atmosphere is present
- Ignition-related properties of explosive atmospheres
- Temperature classifications based on maximum surface temperatures
- Methods of explosion protection regarding electrical and non-electrical risks of ignition
- Markings required by both standards and by national or regional regulations
- National, regional and international standards, including a “Find Your StandardTM” feature based on the selection of five simple data points
- Ingress protection (IP) codes and Type ratings for equipment enclosures
- Contact options for additional information and questions
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ULHELPS@UL.COM.
*The Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.