New mobile App provides installation principles regarding explosive atmospheres for the Hazardous Locations industry.
To facilitate a common understanding of global hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres) for industry stakeholders, UL’s new mobile App benefits designers, manufacturers, distributors, inspection & regulatory authorities (AHJs), and end-users across oil & gas, chemical, agricultural, pharmaceuticals, offshore, and mining industries. This one comprehensive source for installation principles includes the following attributes:
- Types of explosive atmospheres
- Likelihood an explosive atmosphere is present
- Ignition-related properties of explosive atmospheres
- Temperature classifications based on maximum surface temperatures
- Methods of explosion protection regarding electrical and non-electrical risks of ignition
- Markings required by both standards and by national or regional regulations
- National, regional and international standards, including a “Find Your StandardTM” feature based on the selection of five simple data points
- Ingress protection (IP) codes and Type ratings for equipment enclosures
- Contact options for additional information and questions
Download the HazLoc App for free using iTunes® or Google Play™.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ULHELPS@UL.COM.
*The Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.